Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day #5

Wednesday

It is another hot day in Africa today. This morning I woke up had a little breakfast and headed to Zenith to do some more school observations. Today I had the opportunity to observe second grade all morning today I then got to play at recess with some of the kiddos for a little bit. Playing consisted of me running around with 100 kids chasing after me…So cute.

After we observed the schools we went to the market in Bo to pick up some items for the party we are having on Saturday for the kids. I bought a bunch of fabric for 55000 Leones (about $14 dollars) that the tailor is going to make into skirts and dresses for me before I leave.

For lunch we had the most amazing french-fries, cucumbers, and something else (no idea what it was). This afternoon I continued to tackle the children’s books in the library and helped paint the boy’s dorm (yes I painted). After a busy and exhausting afternoon painting in the heat I spent the rest of the day hanging out with the children.

Tonight we had the Director, Mr. Jimmy Lamboi over to the MTC for dinner along with a few of the college children that have been helping with all the paint work that the team has been doing. It was a good time had by all. For dinner we had fired chicken, pineapple, popcorn, and some kind of spicy rice. It was really good. We then went next door to the CRC for VESPERS and listened to the girls sing for us in their doom for a little while before bed, my favorite part of the day.
Today was just an uncomfortable hot and humid day. I really hope it will cool down tonight and/or we get a rain storm at some point. The week is starting to go by a lot quicker than the beginning of the week did. I never thought I’d say this, but I am really getting used to this Africa “lifestyle” in which I have had to come accustomed to over the past couple of days.

Goodnight from Bo.

No comments:

Post a Comment