Monday, March 8, 2010

Day #2

Sunday
This morning we woke up and split our group up so we could attend the two different churches that the CRC children attend and sing in the choir. I went to Centenary United Methodist Church where the older children sing in the choir. The service lasted 2.5 hours long. Being a horrible person I dozed off for about 3 minutes during a very looooong prayer. Oops.

After church we walked back to the CRC. I wasn’t thrilled about that idea but it did give me the opportunity to see some of Bo. Bo is a very poor town. I was more taken back by how poor Bo was compared to my reaction to Freetown. There are a lot more people living in manmade “huts” then in Freetown.

When we got back to the CRC we ate peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and then went next door to spend a few hour with the children. We made paper airplanes, sang several songs with the kids while the boys played the guitar, played a little basketball (I was horrible), gave many piggy back rides, and last but not least got my hair braided SEVERAL times!

We spend the rest of the afternoon unpacking and organizing all of the stuff we brought for the CRC. For dinner we had some sort of delicious spicy pasta and GREAT grapefruit, I think I hate about 2 whole grape fruits.

After dinner we went to VESPERS and then were invited to the girls rooms to read them “High School Musical 2.” Before we said goodnight the girls all sang the most beautiful songs. It was the most amazing thing I have ever heard.

All in all, day #2 went pretty well. Still missing home but I will get through the rest of the week. This is definitely a step outside my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment